The Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia (GSCV) Board Governance and Nominations Committee is pleased to announce that submission of names of prospective candidates for the GSCV Board of Directors and the Board Governance and Nominations Committee for 2016 are now being accepted.
The committee will accept submission of names of prospective candidates year round. However, September 15, 2015, is the deadline for referrals in order to be considered in the nominations process for the 2016 slate to be presented to the corporate membership at the Annual Meeting on March 5, 2016.
If you or someone you know would like to contribute to the investment of leadership development of young women and have the time, energy and resources available, please complete the 2016 Candidate Form and send to:
By mail: Attention: Board Governance and Nominations Committee Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia 4900 Augusta Avenue, Suite 200 Richmond, VA 23230
By Fax: (804) 340-2910
Positions available include:
* Adult Board of Director Members-at-Large and Officers
· * Girl Board of Director Members-at-Large
* Board Governance and Nominations Committee members
Additional information can be found regarding the positions and elections process in the GSCV Bylaws.
REFERRAL DEADLINE: September 15, 2015 for the 2016 Slate
GSCV Board of Directors Description (inclusive of Officers and Adult and Girl Members-at-Large)
- The board of directors is accountable to the elected membership for managing the affairs of the council; to the board of directors of GSUSA for compliance with the charter requirements; to the Commonwealth of Virginia for adhering to state corporate law; and, to the federal government in matters relating to legislation affecting non-profit and non-stock organizations.
- All directors are assigned to and actively participate in specific committees.
- Girl board members participate in all board activity but do not have voting rights.
- A commitment of time, energy and resources is required.
Board Governance and Nominations Committee Description
- Recruits, reviews, and confirms the qualifications of candidates for elected positions in the Council.
- Provides to the membership a single slate for all positions for elections, including: officers, directors, and board governance and nominations committee members; and delegates and alternates to the National Council of Girl Scouts of the United States of America.
In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develops the following:
- Board orientation and education materials
- Board development materials
- Methods for identifying needed skills and talents for the Board of Directors and committees
- Methods for succession planning
- Board annual self-assessment materials
- Conducts Board orientation and development training sessions as needed and/or as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Promotes the organization.
GSCV BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Board members are elected by the corporate membership and are accountable to the membership for governance of the council and stewardship of the council's critical resources, to the National Board of Directors of GSUSA for compliance with charter requirements, and to the state of Virginia. The board of directors is accountable to the federal government in matters affecting nonprofit corporations.
Chair, Barb Bailey
Secretary, Giovonni Hargraves Smith
Treasurer, Scott Merithew
| Samantha Batchelor
| Lisa Bruer
| Lynne Geisz
| Judy Jennings
| Tawanda Johnson
| Paula Otto
| Colleen Quinn
| Pamela Wade